Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. Will my bill pay payees transfer over to the new Citizens 24?
- A. Yes, we are keeping the same Bill Pay provider and all the previous information will carry over the new system.
- Q. I have never used IB before, can I apply online?
- A. Yes, you can print off our form (found under services and tools), fill it out and send it to our Operations department.
They will contact you with a user name and password.
- Q. I have some auto transfers set up on Citizens 24; will they carry over to the new system?
- A. No, unfortunately any auto transfers that are set up will not convert to the new system. They will have to reset them up.
- Q. What is a security key?
- A. The security key is a new security feature that allows our customers to select a key word that will display at login and each page in their IB screen. This will help them to make sure no one has tampered with their account.
- Q. How soon will I see my balance updated once I move money online, make a deposit or use my debit card?
- A. Customers will see their balance reflected immediately.
- Q. Do I have to answer security questions each time I log in?
- A. Operations can reset the questions. Customers can choose from the canned questions or make their own.
Remember the answers are case sensitive and if they don't recognize the questions they are seeing, the chances are they have entered in an incorrect user name or password.
- Q. Do I have to answer security questions each time I log in?
- A. You can choose Remember Me to bypass the questions each time if the computer they are using is their own common computer or set up the secure login download on their desktop.
- Q. What Can Citizens 24 do for me?
- A. Citizens 24 Internet Banking allows customers:
- Account Access: Citizens 24 allows you to access and view your current accounts and transaction history for each open account. Along with viewing your account detail, you can also transfer funds back and forth between most accounts.
- Bill Pay: Pay your bills without writing checks, receive e-bills online, and view bill pay history.
- Custom Reports: The reports feature allows you to choose your account information by account type, date, check number, and amount or transaction type, to create your own custom report.
- User Options: Allows you to change your password and to customize your Citizens 24 experience.
- Secure Email: Allows you the ability to communicate directly with a Citizens State Bank employee, regarding an inquiry or other financial concerns.
- Help: Provides additional information about Citizens 24 at the click of a button, anytime you need it.
- Q. What information or software do I need to use Citizens 24?
- A. First and foremost, you will need to be listed as the primary account holder (1st Person) on a Citizens State Bank account. You will also need to have internet access and a secure web browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher. If your computer operates with Microsoft Windows 95 or higher, or Apple Macintosh 7.0 or higher, you will be able to access and use Citizens 24.
- Q. Will my account information be secure?
- A. We employ the latest computer technology to protect your data on all of our computers including those used in supporting our Citizens 24 internet banking and bill pay system. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Technology, which encrypts data as it crosses the internet. Your information also enters a security computer, called a firewall, which acts as a security guard for internet traffic, and ensures that your information is protected.
- Q. How does Citizens 24 protect me?
- A. Access to your account in protected from unauthorized users by a password and Multifactor Authentication (See "What is Multifactor Authentication" below). Citizens State Bank employees will never ask you for your password, so be sure not to share your password with anyone. You can change your password at any time and as many times as you want, by selecting "User Options" from the Citizens 24 Main Menu. If at any time you forget your password, contact Citizens State Bank to reset it, or choose the option of answering the multi layer Multifactor Authentication security questions.
- Q. Is the internet banking account information timely and accurate?
- A. Your internet banking history and any online transfers will be updated hourly from 8am to 3pm. Any online transfers made after 3:00pm will be credited on the next business day, same as any drive thru or lobby transactions done after 3:00pm.
- Q. What accounts can I access using Internet Banking?
- A. You can access any checking account, money market, savings account, certificate of deposit, or loan you have with us. Certificate of deposit access will provide information only, and you cannot request transfers to or from any certificate of deposit accounts. For Loan accounts, you can make transfers to a loan; however you cannot make transfers from a loan account, to a deposit account. The only exception would be if you had a home equity loan, you would then have rights to transfer to and from the loan and deposit account.
- Q. How do I sign up?
- A. You may apply online or stop into your local branch for an online banking application.
- Q. What if I forget my Customer Number and/or Password?
- A. If you forget your Customer Number or Password, you may contact your local Citizens State Bank office at (715) 948-2142 or (608) 785-2265 during regular business hours, or send us an email thru our secured e-mail site at email@example.com. After confirming your identity, we will be happy to assist you. Just a reminder, Citizens State Bank will never ask you for your internet banking password, to confirm your identity, or to access your banking information.
- Q. How do I change my customer number?
- A. You can change your customer number anytime you log into Internet Banking. Select "User Options" from the menu, then "Customer Number". You can accept the system generated ID or enter in your own customer number. The customer number must be different then the current number or any customer numbers you have used previously. The customer number must be 6 to 20 characters in length, with no spaces, and can be a combination of numbers, letters, and symbols.
- Q. How do I change my password?
- A. You can change your password anytime you log into Internet Banking. To do so, select "User Options" from the menu, and then click on "Password". Enter in your current password then the new password you would like to use. Your password must be 4 to 8 characters in length, with no spaces, and can be a combination of numbers, letters, and symbols.
- Q. What is Multifactor Authentication?
- A. Multifactor Authentication, also known as MFA, requires online user to provide something additional beyond today's username and password to log into Citizens24 internet banking. This enhanced security means that even if a user has their customer number and password stolen in a phishing attack or malicious software, the fraudster can not access online accounts because they do not have to additional factors needed, which are harder to steal. By having MFA, we can give our customers peace of mind when using online product and services.
- Q. When will MFA go into effect for CSB Customers?
- A. Immediately! When you sign onto internet banking for the first time, you will be prompted to answer a set of three challenge questions. After you answer the challenge questions, you will be prompted to click the option that states "Add extra security protection to this computer". Once this is complete, MFA goes into effect.
- Q. Is MFA optional?
- A. No, for your protection, MFA is mandatory for Citizens 24 internet banking users.
- Q. Will the challenge questions be the same as the "forgotten password" questions?
- A. Yes, they will be the exact same questions.
- Q. My computer automatically signs me off when I am using Citizens 24 Internet Banking; how do I change the time out?
- A. You can change your timeout period anytime you log on to Internet Banking. Select "User Options" from the menu, and then click "Change Timeout". Your current timeout setting will be displayed. You can elect to change your time out to 20, 30 or 40 minutes.
- Q. What is a pop-up window?
A. Pop-up windows are small web browser windows or ads that appear over or under the web pages you are currently viewing. These pop up windows are frequently used for advertising and open automatically whether or not you want to see them. The pop-up windows can also open at your request, and show help text, or another page of a site.
Occasionally, a new browser window may open when you click on a link from our site, or when you are logging onto Internet Banking.
- Q. What is a pop-up blocker and how do I disable my pop-up blocker?
A. A pop-up blocker prevents pop-up windows from opening, depending on the settings you have chosen. If you want to allow pop-ups from our web site, go to the tool bar along the top of you screen and select:
- Pop-Up Blocker
- Pop-Up Blocker Settings
- In the "Address of Website to Allow" field, enter www.citizensstatebank.us
By doing the above steps, you allow pop-up windows from our website.
- Q. How do I set my browser to accept cookies?
A. Cookies are pieces of data given to the browser on your computer. This piece of data is sent back to the server each time you access a new page. The purpose of cookies is to help web sites identify returning user to provide them with customized pages. You will not be able to access any secured pages if you set your privacy setting to block all cookies. Follow the steps below to enable the cookies:
Internet Explorer 6.x and 7.x for Windows
- At the top of your browser click Tools, then Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Click the Advanced button
- Place a checkmark in Override automatic cookie handling
- Place a checkmark in Always allow session cookies then click OK
- Click the Edit or Sites button and verify if Citizens State Bank is in your "Managed Web sites list". If Citizens State Bank is in the list, highlight it and click remove. Then click OK
- Click OK to close the Internet Options window.
Netscape 8.x for Windows
- At the top of your browser click Tools, then Options
- Click on the Privacy icon on the left navigation window
- Click on Cookies in the main window
- Select until they expire in the dropdown menu
- Click on View Cookies
- If Citizens State Bank is listed, highlight it and click Remove Cookie, then OK
- Click OK on the Options window to close it
Netscape 7.x for Windows
- At the top of your browser click Edit, then Preferences
- Click on the arrow next to privacy and Security, so that the arrow points down
- Highlight Cookies
- Click Enable all cookies
- Click Manage Stored Cookies
- Click on the Cookie Sites tab
- If Citizens State Bank is listed in the Cookie Sites window, highlight it and click Remove Site, then click OK
- Click OK on the Preferences window to close it.