Personal Banking / Savings
- Open a minor savings and teach your child to save with a high earning savings account.
- $10 initial deposit required.
- Account earns current minor savings account APY* on balances up to $10,000.00; portion of balance over $10,000.00 will earn current APY* of a regular savings account.
- Interest compounded monthly with monthly statements.
- Must be under the age of 18 to qualify for this account.
- One minor account per child required.
Click here to learn more!
*Annual Percentage Yield
Smart Savers Club (14 & under)
When opening a Minor Savings account, the minor automatically becomes a member of our Smart Savers Club. As a Smart Saver, the minor will receive:
- A Smart Savers Card to record deposits made into their savings account.
- A punch on their Smart Savers Card for each deposit made into their account along with a small prize.
- A large prize once ten deposits are made.
- Fun Smart Savers activity sheets to help the minor become familiar with the general concepts of saving and banking.
*The minor must be present at the time of deposit to receive a punch and a prize.
- $100 initial deposit with a required $100 continual minimum balance to earn interest.
- Interest compounded quarterly with combined quarterly statements.
- Free Internet Banking.
- Free ATM card.
- Free ATM access to terminals using the Money Pass network.
- Individual retirement account options: IRA savings accounts - available for traditional or Roth - with variable rate and interest paid quarterly.
- Health savings accounts: with variable rate and interest paid quarterly. A free checking account is tied to the HSA savings account with free debit card available. A $25.00 set up fee and cost of checks. No monthly fees. Monthly statements.
Christmas Club and Travel Club Savings
- Special savings account options available with the following:
- Chose a payment plan to suit your spending with $250, $500, $750, and $1000 plans available.
- Choose weekly, biweekly, or monthly auto transfers from your Citizens checking or savings account to your club plan.
- Make 49 payments and Citizens State Bank will make the final payment for you.